The International Programme Committee for the 5th International Evidence Based Library and Information Practice (EBLIP5) Conference invites you to submit oral presentations and posters for the Conference: Bridging the Gap to be held in Stockholm, Sweden from June 29th – July 3rd 2009.
Abstract submission for oral presentations and posters is by email to EBLIP5@kib.ki.se.
Abstracts for oral presentations to be submitted by email by October 31st 2008. Closed. Abstracts for poster presentations to be submitted by email by February 15th 2009. Closed.
- Notification of acceptance for oral presentation will be received by January 31st 2009
- Confirmation of participation (oral presentation) - mid February 2009
- Notification of acceptance for poster presentation will be received by April 3rd 2009
- Confirmation of participation (poster presentation) - mid April 2009
- Registration opens - March 2009
» Download Instructions For Authors (.doc)
We seek to build on the success of past conferences by including more disciplines, more sectors, more countries and more professional roles than ever before!
The International Programme Committee for EBLIP5 invites research papers, reports of innovative practice and hot topic discussion papers. Key themes include, but are by no means limited to, the following:
Bridging the gap……the Who?
- ...between disciplines – e.g. communications and information studies; health and social care
- ...between sectors (e.g. public and private sectors; health library sector/wider library information service sectors i.e. academic, public, and special libraries; archivists and local libraries and collections)
- ...between cultures – developed and developing world; librarianship cultures; English speaking/other speaking countries
Bridging the gap……the What?
- ...the “implementation gap” - principles and practice; research/practice; research/policy; experiment/implementation; tradition/innovation; innovation and disinvestment; reflection and action, knowledge/action; personal learning to professional practice
- ...the “expectation gap” - library services and user needs; the e-generation and the physical library
- ...the “experimentation gap” – data and results; R&D and EBLIP; information seeking research/information literacy teaching; implementation and evaluation
- ...the “skills gap” – practitioner knowledge and skills; librarians and research skills; leadership and implementation
Bridging the gap……the How?
- ...Using marketing/advocacy
- ...Using data mining and management tools
- ...Through collaborative working (with teachers, with academics)
- ...Through communication (internal and external)
- ...Through management support and leadership
- ...Through international co-operation
Andrew Booth & David Herron
(Co-Chairs – International Programme Committee - EBLIP5).